Dear Prospective Students,
Congratulations on taking the best step towards a rewarding academic experience and a great future career.
The FIU Master of Public Administration (MPA) program prepares students for public service roles and careers. The Executive track of the MPA program empowers current managers and executives with additional skills and qualifications to meet the needs of the public and non-profit sectors. Our 2,600 graduates work in management positions in the public sector, the non profit sector and in private sector firms.
The MPA at FIU is offered at three locations and online. The weekday evening MPA is a traditional program offered at MMC. Applicants with substantial management experience can apply to the Executive MPA at Brickell. The online program is offered fully online.
There are several reasons to consider an MPA degree at FIU:
• Our MPA degree is the only NASPAA-accredited MPA program in Miami-Dade County and is consistently ranked by U.S. World News & Report as the BEST in South Florida
• The FIU MPA degree gives you the opportunity to specialize and to take courses in career fields such as Public Finance and Procurement, Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Community Development, Human Resource Management, and International and Comparative Public Administration
• The FIU MPA program places great emphasis on the preparation of competent professionals for public and non-profit managerial roles
• The FIU MPA Faculty is nationally and internationally renowned as experts in their areas of research, teaching and service
• Admission to the FIU MPA program is competitive
Our Staff and I are always happy to talk to prospective students. I hope that you will check out our MPA program data page on this website. If you have any questions about our program, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohamad G. Alkadry, Ph.D.
Director, Master of Public Administration Program &
Professor of Public Administration