MPA Program Data
The mission of the Master of Public Administration Program at Florida International University is to provide individuals preparing for, or advancing in, careers in public affairs, public administration, and public policy with the skills and values necessary to be effective and thoughtful leaders, managers, analysts, and citizens.
FIU MPA Portfolio
One Professional Program with Four Options:
- MMC MPA
- Online MPA
- Executive MPA
- Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Community Development
- Public Finance, Procurement, & Contract Management
- International & Comparative PA
- Human Resources
During the months of May through August, the Executive Master of Public Administration offers a series of engaging workshops for students and professionals that will be taught by local and regional experts from the public sector.
Accredited by The Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), the program requires a completion of 42 credit hours.
Students with less than 3 years of experience 1) in the public or non-profit sector AND 2) at level of Administrative Analyst or better are required to do a 300-hour internship.
Graduation Rates & Employment of Graduates
Admission Requirements and Data
Applicants to the MPA Program must have:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Submit three letters of recommendation from a faculty member at their undergraduate institution or from work supervisors
- Demonstrate graduate level writing competency by submitting an essay between 3 and 5 pages in length explaining how earning the Executive Master of Public Administration is consistent with long-term career goals
- Submit a GRE Score if their GPA in their last 60 credits of upper division coursework is less than 3.25.
- Submit a current resume
Dr. Shaoming Cheng, Director
Master of Public Administration Program
Department of Public Administration
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th Street, PCA 257
Miami, FL 33199